Wednesday, January 26, 2005

wanderlust

Ok i admit it, i have wanderlust again. it means i got to wander off my island, but i can't just yet. got to enjoy the fact there are ONLY 280.000 people on the whole island. got to be thankful for the fact we are all related in one way or another. and if you meet some person for the first time you will after about 10 minutes find at least one person you both know quite well.

I wonder if one can get a cultural claustrophobia. last night a girl from Canada came for a visit, she had with her a video with a recording of TV show about Iceland, i happened to be in it and that is how we got to know each other, she found me on the internet. anyway most of my guests in Iceland are not from Iceland. all my Icelandic friends are too busy to come over for dinner or a visit. so thank god for the internet yet again... providing me with guests to my humble house once in a while.
it was nice to chat with someone that is for sure not related to me at all. but perhaps has more thought and ideas in common with me then most Icelanders....

anyway seeing myself on that Canadian TV show with French subtitles was funny
i wish i had a copy of it so i could laugh at it with my virtual friends that i am not sure if are real or hidden people...

oh free me from this wanderlust and let me go find my hidden friends in the house cliffs......

No comments: